Last Updated: 25 April 2022
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect only information provided directly to us. For example, information is collected when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, make a payment, request customer support, or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, payment method information, and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically
Information that is automatically collected when you access or use our Services includes:
- Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, IP address, and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We use various technologies to collect information, including cookies, local storage, and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, view which areas and features of our Services are popular, and count visits. Similarly, local storage enables our Services to store data (like login tokens) securely in your browser. Unlike cookies, data is not sent to the server on every request. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails to help deliver cookies, count visits, and understand usage & campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
Information may be obtained from other sources. For example, if you connect your account with another account hosted by a third-party service (such as GitHub), we will have access to certain information from that service, such as your profile information. Any third-party access is in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by that service. Additionally, information may be collected from third-party sources to help us to learn more about you, such as your profile picture or social media handles.
Use of Information
Information may be used for various purposes, including:
- Provide, maintain, and improve our Services;
- Develop new products and Services;
- Provide and deliver products and services you may request;
- Send you notices about updates, support, and other administrative messages;
- Communicate products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Machi-Systems and others;
- Facilitate contests, sweepstakes, & promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
- Provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage, and activities in connection with our Services;
- Detect, investigate, and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities to protect the rights and property of Machi-Systems and others;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide content or features that match user profiles or interests;
- Link or combine information we collect about you; and
- Carry out any other purpose described to you at the time the information was collected.
Sharing of Information
- If you are a contributor—or request reimbursement for expenses made in support—of a project, information may be shared with applicable hosts and organizers of a Team.
- If you participate in a Team working on a project through third-party services, your name and image may be shared with said parties.
- Vendors, consultants, and other service providers may need access to such information in order to carry out work on our behalf. A list of the third-party service providers with which we have shared information for the 12 months prior can be provided upon request.
- In response to a request for information in which the disclosure is in accordance with/required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process.
- If your actions are believed to be inconsistent with our user agreements or policies in order to protect the rights, property, and safety of Machi-Systems or others.
- In connection with—or during negotiations of—any merger, sale of Machi-Systems assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another Machi-Systems core contributor.
- With your consent or at your direction.
- Aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you, may also be shared.
Social Sharing Features
Analytics Services Provided by Others
Machi-Systems takes reasonable measures to protect your information from loss, theft, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Machi-Systems is based in the United States, and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. You consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries—where you may not have the same rights and protections under local law—by accessing Services or otherwise providing information.
Profile information provided can be updated by logging into your online account.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. You often have the choice to remove or reject browser cookies via your browser settings. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, it could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional or notification emails from Machi-Systems by following the instructions in the email. You may still receive non-promotional emails about your account or our ongoing business relations upon opting out of promotional content.
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Machi-Systems is GDPR compliant. We are not in the business of selling data to any third party. Like most other agency platforms, our business model is to receive the commission raised by projects. Teams do not get access to private information. Your email address is only accessible by Team admins (core contributors) and the organization legally hosting the client site (web host). We do not store credit card information on our servers—only tokens that you have decided to save to your profile. Absolutely zero password information is stored. Since most of our code base is open-source, it can be easily audited by anyone.
If you haven’t made any transactions, you can easily delete your profile account on Machi-Systems through settings. In order to maintain the integrity of our ledger and accounting system, profiles or collectives with transactions cannot be deleted.
For individual/organization profiles: Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of personal information so that transaction(s) can be anonymized.
For slots, follow these steps: Coming Soon!
Although Data Privacy and GDPR compliance is top priority, they are intricate functions with complex systems. We will have an update on this is the near future.
We hope you’ve found this doc useful. Is anything missing? If so, email us at email@example.com, and we’ll get it sorted for you.
Questions? Send us a note and we’ll get right back to you.